6.19.2015

Helping how I can

Hello!

As part of my exciting projects (as vaguely mentioned in previous posts) for this summer, I am going to be contributing to society in the small ways that I can.


I found a brochure a while ago as I was fabric shopping that was called ConKerr Cancer. Conkerr Cancer is a foundation that collects handmade pillowcases or supplies to make pillowcases to donate to kids with cancer in hospitals. I picked up the brochure and a few months later my lovely mother picked up some fabric to make them. I'm a part of the International Baccalaureate program at school, and as part of the requirements for the diploma I have to complete 50 hours of community service. As part (not all) of those 50 hours, I chose to make these pillowcases. 


I have to record the process of making them, so here are a few pictures that I took along the way.


Because it's me, I of course sewed the border wrong on the body of the monkey pillowcase but other than that it went pretty smoothly.


I still haven't quite decided on how many I want to make, but I think 10 might be my goal for this summer.

Time spent: 1.5 hours 


No comments:

Post a Comment