8.27.2015

Dusty Pink

I just really love the idea of dusty pink as a color, soft and warm but more subtle than in-your-face pink. Even the name is pretty, it makes me think of flowers.


This is a sweater that I made, and is in fact the first time I have ever knitted something with pink yarn. It is the Chatou sweater from La Droguerie. I tweaked the pattern a little (oh surprise), keeping it on the jersey side of the stitches, as opposed to the garter side as was indicated in the pattern. I also didn't use the yarn they said to use but it worked out okay.



I used the Merino Aran yarn from Katia, which is a mix of wool and acrylic and is so soft. It makes for very regular stitches, which is always nice. 


I'd like to thank my wonderful grandmother who sewed it all up because I'm very bad at sewing sweaters, and for also knitting the collar.


This is a very simple sweater, absolutely accessible for a beginner, it's essentially a lot of rectangles with a few increases and decreases for the arms, collar, and sleeves. I would definitely recommend this pattern if you know how to knit and want to take the plunge and knit your first sweater. The only potential problem may be the language but I think they do have translated patterns if you need it in english.



I hope you all appreciate how much effort I put into modeling for these pictures because it was hot and humid and I was wearing a wool sweater of over 500 grams. I'd also like to thank my mom for taking pictures of me because taking outfit pictures is not an easy task when you're flying solo (and you left your tripod at home when you left for vacation) and you have no idea how to pose. 


 This sweater marks the completion of my creativity requirement hours for my program (woo!) so that's a relief, but also it has only furthered my penchant for cozy sweaters (which are basically my winter uniform).

Have a great end of the week and see you next time!








No comments:

Post a Comment