1.21.2016

Hijacked



I was going to post a nice little update about my work in progress knitting, but said knitting was hijacked by a small cat on her quest for the ideal napping location.


So I guess for now, despite a lack of full sized pictures, I can explain to you what I'm working on.


I'm knitting myself a blanket to bring to college next year. I knew I wanted a pretty big one so I measured a blanket I sewed a while ago because that was the approximate size that I wanted. I calculated the number of stitches I would need based on the gauge of the yarn, and eyeballed the number of skeins I would need. So far, I've used about two. I'll give you the full measurements and stitch details when I'm done! I'm knitting with the Ecological Wool from Cascade Yarn in Beige. So far it's been really nice to knit, although the more the blanket grows the heavier it is, but that comes with knitting any kind of bulky project.


Even before its completion the blanket has been cat-approved, and honestly, what more could you ask for?



No comments:

Post a Comment