10.30.2014

Hello bunny my old friend


This is Garfunkel.

He is my new buddy. 


I was feeling very stressed and overwhelmed the other day, and in my mind, making a bunny was the only way I was going to relieve that stress. So I blew up the pattern I usually use for bunnies, got the proportions all wrong, and made Garfunkel in about four hours. 


He is made of fake fur that is amazingly soft and fluffy that I got this summer in Normandie. The ears are made with scraps of fabric that I had, and the scarf is made from some of my many yarn scraps. He is a very organic and adorable companion. I call him my stress-relief bunny. 


As for his name, whenever I need to think of a name for a stuffed animal, I think "Simon". I don't know why, but it has resulted in my having a lot of bunnies named Simon. So I thought, what goes with Simon? The obvious answer is Garfunkel. So there you go.

Have a great end of the week and end of October!






No comments:

Post a Comment