12.18.2014

Gifts gifts gifts

Hello!

Now, before I start, can I just say that I know that Christmas is not all about presents and all that, it's about family and happiness and yes I know that. But that is precisely why I just spent the last three weeks making a lot of things for my friends and family. I'm just going to show you what I made for my friends because I'm pretty sure that they don't check this blog.




First, a hat made of thick super chunky yarn. I didn't think it would need bigger needles than what I had, so I fought my way through the whole thing but it worked out. In true Blue Cat Creations fashion, I made it up as I went along. 




 Next, a tricolored scarf. This took much longer than expected, but I really enjoyed making it. Very simply, just cast on about thirty stitches (I can't remember exactly) and made 4 row stripes.

I just included this picture cause I thought it was really cool.


Up next, a present I made for a Secret Santa I'm going to tomorrow. I made a batch of cookies (and ate approximately half) then put as many as I could in a cardboard cylinder that is supposed to be used for shipping paper things. I lined the inside with aluminum and put the cookies in it. Cookies, cardboard and a Sharpie snowman: easiest Secret Santa gift ever.


And these pretty cards that I found yesterday. 

I also bought a bunch of presents (by a bunch I mean like three or four not fifty) but these are the handmade ones. 

Happy Holidays my friends and it's almost winter break, we can do it.




No comments:

Post a Comment