12.05.2013

Alba

Hello!

I made a doll a while ago.


Her name is Alba and she's really difficult to photograph.


She is entirely my design, as you can probably tell by the lopsided arms but we don't talk about that. She is made out of the same weird stretchy fabric that I made this guy out of. It's so hard to sew and a pain to stuff and I still use it because, I mean, come on, it looks really cool.

Her hair is made out of fake white fur (and is the primary reason why she is hard to take a picture of) which gives her a cool punk look, but as she is wearing a cute collared flowery blouse you know that she is more of a fairy than a punk (maybe she's a punk fairy?). Anyway, I was going to give her wings, and then I was going to give her elf ears and then I didn't because she looked fine the way she was and I didn't want to mess her up by adding too many other things.


So there you have it! Two days of my Thanksgiving break! It was worth it, I think she's very cute. 

Hopefully, I will have more time to make stuff as the winter break is fast approaching, but probably not, because the universal high school teacher agreement is "Oh three weeks? Let's cram in as many things as we possibly can!" It doesn't leave very much time for creative endeavors such as this, as you can imagine. 


Have a lovely week (well, end of week at this point) and all that!

No comments:

Post a Comment