12.29.2013

Renewed Wardrobe Step 0.1

Hello!

For a while now, I've been having the idea that I want to make more of my own clothes. This means that I am looking for patterns that I would realistically wear, while at the same time trying to imagine a new style for myself. The point of making my own clothes would be to be able to wear exactly what I want to, because clothes stores don't always have what I like.

So far, I have made a skirt that I have worn several times. Keeping in mind that kind of style, I've started knitting what I affectionately call a Boyfriend Cardigan.


It's actually called a Division Cardigan. I originally found the pattern here, on a blog that I really like. 



I got the yarn for Christmas, it's Berroco Vintage DK yarn. I love it so much! It's so nice to knit, very soft and it gives very neat stitches. Also, it's machine washable, which is always a plus, and not ridiculously expensive. I highly recommend it.


I've been knitting a lot for the past few days, which is so nice, because frankly, winter break is not winter break without a good knitting project. Last night especially, I had my knitting, my cat, my fireplace and my tea; I was a very happy Blue Cat. 


I think I should mention that since I took these pictures on Christmas day, the sweater has grown a good 7 more inches. 

That was your next episode in what I got for Christmas! 

I've been posting nearly every day, wow... enjoy it while it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment