12.24.2013

Past Present

(See what I did with the title, it was a play on words, geddit? I'll just let myself out.)

Hello!

My gift giving has been happening very out of order, which means that I can show you another one that I made and gave before Christmas.


My friend Addie over at A Functionally Messy Blog goes to school with me and often says that she is bored in class. I decided to find a remedy to that problem and make her a kit of things to do. I made her a pencil case and bought colored pencils and eight colorful mini notebooks.



The pencil case was made with a pattern that my mom makes often as gifts and that I wanted to try. I made it out of organic cotton that I found at the local fabric shop with adorable little bunnies on it. 

The pencil case is lined with green polka dots. I love polka dots. And stripes. I usually wear at least one of the two every day. Anyway, yes, the inside is lined with very cute green polka dot cotton. 

The zipper was by far the hardest part, seeing as the rest is just rectangles and straight lines. I just don't like topstitching alongside zippers, because I can never get it straight. It was relatively okay this time, but still, not my favorite thing to do. 


Other than that, I added a bunch of colored pencils and notebooks, one of which I partially filled with quotes and song lyrics. I do quite like quotes, I find other people's words very inspiring.


So that was part two of I don't know how many of the presents that I made this season!

Happy Christmas Eve/Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. I love love love love love it!!! Can't wait to finally do something useful during stats class :)
    THANK YOU!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it and that stat class can finally be put to good use!

      Delete
  2. Bonjour Margot,
    Tu ne me connais pas mais j'ai vu ta tante Isabelle Glémin ce week-end. Nous ne nous voyons pas souvent (pas assez !) mais nous nous connaissons depuis longtemps. Elle m'a montré tes deux blogs et je voulais te féliciter pour tes créations et ton enthousiasme communicatif !
    Isabelle M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour Isabelle!
      Merci beaucoup! Je suis contente que mon petit blog vous plaise. Je remercierais Isabelle de me faire de la pub jusqu'en France!
      M

      Delete