10.26.2014

I can't believe it worked

Hello!

I'm going to start off by saying that I really should either be studying for a history quiz or writing a biology lab report right now. Instead I'm going to write this post because I'm really excited about it.


I made a skirt yesterday. 
I wanted to test drive my machine, and I've been wanting to make a skirt for a while now, so this was the ideal project. Also, I've been trying to keep my Saturdays sacred and homework free for as long as I can, so I was able to block off the whole day to do this. 


I went into town yesterday morning with the intention of just getting fabric and to use a pattern I had found online, but as I walked into the shop I found a pattern that was exactly what I was looking for. So I got it, as well as some adorable fabric with carousel horses on it. I did wonder for a little bit if I would be able to pull off a skirt with horses on it, and I decided that yes, yes I would be able to. 


So I spent a solid five hours working on this yesterday, occasionally yelling at my machine because the thread wouldn't stay in the needle (I'll have to figure out why at some point). Overall, the process went smoothly, but I did have issues with the waistband, which wasn't quite as long as the skirt waist. I gathered it a little bit at the back and it worked out well. I also had issues with the zipper, which is weird because I'm usually pretty good with zippers. But it wouldn't be a Blue Cat project if something didn't go wrong. I also burned my hand on the iron as I was ironing. Don't do that kids, it hurts.


There you have it, one of my most successful projects to date, I would say. The size is right, the pattern is very cute and the skirt is what I wanted. I'm not sure what to wear it with though, but I'm going thrifting next weekend so I'll try and find something.


You also get photo proof that sometimes I do go outside. Especially today, because the fall weather is absolutely gorgeous.

Have a great week!

P.S. To anyone who wants to make this skirt, I used the Sewaholic pattern 1206, view C (the shortest one). 





No comments:

Post a Comment