3.15.2013

Phoenix Tail Scarf

Hello!

I finished a big project! Yay! (This is quite an accomplishment.)







This is my beautiful Phoenix Tail Scarf, introduced here and - hm, hm ... obsessed over is the right term here I think - over here.  And because I'm throwing a bunch of links at you, the inspiration for this came from here. I do realize it's a man scarf. What can I say? I wear my dad's scarf more than I wear my own, which is why I made this one.

I was wondering if I should get a third skein, but frankly, for its weight, two was enough. It would be much too bulky otherwise.

Verdict: the stitch was really easy, the yarn was a dream fallen off a sheep, and the end result is exactly what I wanted. I love it!

The stitch is as follows: knit 3 stitches *knit 2 purl 1* to last 3 stitches, knit 3 stitches. I also did two rows of 2/2 ribbing at the beginning and end. Super easy and I think it's more interesting than just plain ribbing.

It better be cold tomorrow... watch it be the warmest day of the week, just so that I have no reason to wear my beautiful scarf.

Good-bye!
...

Seriously though, can it be a little bit cold? Just a little? So that I can test this scarfs warm-ness? (And yes, I know that there is an actual word for that and that it's 'warmth', but I like making up words. I'm Shakespeare is basically what I'm saying here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment