3.27.2013

A good book, a sweater and a rabbit

Hello!

Remember a certain sweater that I was working on, oh, three months ago.

Hm, well, yes...
It is finished!

It's horrible to photograph, due to its sheer huge-ness. Aside from that though, it's wonderful.
Entirely acrylic yarn, I was surprised by how soft and comfortable it is, not scratchy at all, and really warm. My grandmother, who is awesome, sewed it up for me because - being the way that I am - I made a sweater without any knowledge of how to sew a sweater.
Merci Mamie!

Overall, I am very pleased with how it turned out. A big, soft sweater that I can wear when I get back from horseback riding.

Next on the list of things accomplished is a bunny.


His name is Patrick. Or Simon. I have yet to decide. Simon is nice, actually.
I'll go with Simon.

This is Simon, he is a bunny. I followed a pattern from a book, if you're wondering about how normal he looks. He is about 17cm tall and hand sewn out of fake fur. He has safety eyes and an embroidered nose. It's amazing how actual plastic eyes can make something like this look really professional.
I love him, he's very cute and cuddly, a perfect reading partner, along with my sweater.

And now, to finish explaining my title, a good book.

I have recently fallen in love with the TV series, Sherlock BBC. I won't expand on that here, because it can get long winded and you would probably think I'm insane.
Anyway, this led me to borrow Sherlock Holmes at the library. I was scared that the book would be a letdown after my infatuation with the show, but I was pleasantly surprised. The book is really well written: the characters are believable and the style is still relevant today. Sherlock is just as arrogant and full of his own intelligence as he is in the show. I liked it a lot.

That's all folks!
Have a nice day!
Bye!

(pardon the many exclamation points)


No comments:

Post a Comment