12.22.2012

Still waiting for some snow!

Hello!
I'm finally on winter break, which means that:

a) I'll be at home when the light is good to take pictures

b) I'll have more time to make things!

I have been working hard, despite the fact that I haven't posted anything in a while.

I made myself a hat that I absolutely love and that I have been wearing for the last three days since I finished it.





 It's a Ravenclaw hat again! I've made a lot of Harry Potter related things, none of which I made for myself. There was a lot of yarn left from the hat I made my brother, so after about two evenings untangling it (for some reason, I always spend more time untangling my yarn than actually knitting) I started making up a random pattern.

I had a hat that I really liked that I made this summer with a huge pompom on the top, but when it got colder and I had a reason to wear it, I realized that it didn't fit over my ponytail. Oops. So I made this one really big, with 10 cm of ribbing, then used bigger needles to make the top, which is about 15 cm. It looks slightly like a mushroom.
Now the pompom. I love hats with pompoms, but whenever I make one, I end up wasting so much yarn! It's a little shameful. If anyone has any good pompom patterns (haha, alliteration), they would be welcome.

I also made a penguin this afternoon.

 

It's not as cute as I had pictured it in my head, but I think it's endearing in its own dysfunctional way. I might name it Jack. Why Jack? It's the first name that popped into my head. Like Jack Frost, I suppose. 

I'm also working on a huge knitted sweater. It's not very interesting to knit, pretty much just stockinette for a mile, but I can't wait to wear it because it looks very comfortable. I'll keep you updated on that, so far I only have the back completed and a very small portion of the front.

Bye! Stay out of the cold!


No comments:

Post a Comment