1.21.2013

A little Update

Hello!
I have had a very busy week and there is another busy one staring me right in the face, so projects may be a little slow in coming.
However, I do have something to show for this busy week.

My sweater! In pieces... I blocked it and I have started to sew it. This is the first time that I sew a sweater and that has helped me to realize that it will also be the last time that I sew a sweater. I'm going to try a top-down project next time, because I am not enjoying the sewing part so far.

Also, I am going to try something a little more interesting next time. Something that isn't stockinette for a mile. I added ribbed wrists onto the pattern to make it more interesting as you can see in the picture. Which might explain why the sleeves are too long. (Again with the consequences of tweaking the pattern!)

As I sew the sweater I realize how big it is. That's what I wanted, but knitting the smallest size, I hadn't expected it to be this big. The cold days better last a while after I finish this, because I want to wear it! In front of the fireplace, my cat at my feet and a good book in hand...
(I'm currently re-reading the Mysterious Benedict Society books, which I highly recommend to everyone, because they are very whimsical and witty, nicely written and, above all, I have read them many times and I still find them just as engaging.)
Also, chocolate. Fireplace, a warm cat/sweater, a book and chocolate. Yes please.

In other creative and time consuming news, the main reason that I haven't finished my sweater -- yes, there is a valid reason -- is that I have been working on another form of art that I have only recently discovered. I have been working on a little film.

Don't cringe that I call it an art form! It requires time, patience, engagement, creative thought and dedication. It is made for people to enjoy. It is, by all mean, an art form.

Anyway, I have made a film as an assignment and it has been a lot of fun, and hard work, to make. I am very happy to have discovered this medium, because I love movies and stories and I like showing people how I see the world. I like to write for that same reason. Also, when I read a book, it all plays out in my head like a movie, so filming is a nice way of expressing that. (I have just gotten past the point of knowing how to set up a camera; the stories will stay in my head for the time being.)

That is all for the little Blue Cat update.

Have a nice week, and all that.

Good bye!




No comments:

Post a Comment