1.13.2013

I kept my promise sorta kinda not really

Hello!
See, I had said that I would make a shirt and pants for Theo.

I didn't. Make a shirt, that is.

Sorry! I tried at least three times to get the pattern for the pants that they gave me to work, sewed three pairs and realized that it didn't work because they were much too small. I got mad at the pattern, stopped trying for a week and then made the right size with a pattern I drew myself. So there. Ha.

 Hemmed and everything. Not very well hemmed, but oh well, I learn these things as I go along. There's also an elastic at the waist but I may or may not have overstuffed my doll, meaning that he is pretty fat and the elastic is stretched taut. I had trouble with the elastic because, being me, I disregarded the instructions to make the elastic hem two centimeters and made it one centimeter instead. The result of that was ten minutes trying to get the elastic through the hem to follow the other side and nearly destroyed the fabric.

Follow the pattern's instructions, unless you're like me and are ready to accept the consequences of not following the instructions.

I think that the pants turned out all right. They're a little shorter than I wanted, but it's okay, they can be shorts. (See what I mean about accepting the consequences?) The fabric is a scrap left over from some shortened curtains (not shortened by me, which is probably a good thing).

On another note, I said that I would keep you updated on the sweater that I'm knitting. Well, the knitting part is finally over! That, however, means that we have come to the most dreaded part of knitting sweaters.

Sewing.

Nooooo!! Oh and blocking. I am in the process of thinking about maybe blocking it. This means that in about three months' time I might be finished. I'm kidding, but I really need to block it, it's going to be impossible to sew otherwise.


 Another picture of Theo, because he is one of the cutest thing that has ever existed. I love his little nose. Note the embroidered eyes. I can't embroider for my life, so this is quite an accomplishment.

Have a nice day (or you know, afternoon or evening, depending) and I will keep updating this blog a little more frequently; I felt like I was really neglecting it. The only excuse that I have for that is that I hadn't finished any projects and my work-in-progresses didn't look like anything.

1 comment:

  1. Il est adorable et en total accord avec la poupée "Madeleine "de loulou
    Encore félicitations pour ton blog

    ReplyDelete