6.29.2013

Road trip and bicycles

Hello!

So to kick off this summer, we are going on a road trip to Minnesota. Then, we are going to France (that's not a road trip) for the rest of the summer.

Now forgive me while I have a miniature rant. It will be worth it in the end.

I hate sleeping in cars and planes. Most of the time, I can't fall asleep at all and kind of settle into a zombie-like state. When I do fall asleep, it's massively uncomfortable and slightly painful. And my neck always hurts afterwards. The pillows that they hand out on planes are gross too.


So I decided to make my own. It's not too big and not too small (I'm not trying to quote Goldilocks here but it really is just right) and squishy enough that I can cram it into my luggage.

 
The front is bicycles. I'd had my eye on this fabric for a long time. I had no idea what I wanted to do with it, but when I went back to the fabric store it was in the cheap leftovers pile and so I had to get it.


Finding a back that worked nicely with the front was a bit of a challenge, but this one was very cute and the blue echoed the blue bicycles of the front.


I added a Liberty tag, but being me, I added it to the bottom of the pillow. Ten points for logic.

Anyway, that is all I will be posting for this week. I'll be back for a few days next week, so I'll put stuff up then. In the meantime, stay cool. (Get it? Because it's summer, so it's hot but cool also means awesome ... I'll stop now.)



No comments:

Post a Comment