6.14.2013

Story Time and Pajamas

Hello all!

This project, as it usually happens, has a little story behind it. Picture this: no school, gonna go buy some fabric with my dad, then I would sew and be a very happy blue cat. Well, that's not exactly what happened.

We were going to go buy fabric in the afternoon, then a really rough storm was announced, so we thought, eh, better not. Then, the rain let up and we decided to go in the morning before the storm hit.

It looks like camo but it's actually electric guitars

So off we went, happy as could be, la la la, we arrive at the fabric store. I buy a whole lot of things (the store is far away so I always stock up on things when we go there), including a pajama pants pattern and fabric. We didn't know what size pants I needed to make him, so we asked the people at the fabric-cutting place what size I should make. They cut the fabric, we thank them, leave, go eat lunch, drive another hour back home.


I roll out the fabric, lay out the pattern. That's funny. I'm missing a good yard. We check the receit and the pattern: for some reason, they had cut half of the total length of fabric we needed. Hm. We call, then drive another hour back to the store, ninja in, get the fabric, ninja out, drive another hour.


I pin and cut the fabric, all is well. I've decided to actually follow the pattern this time (yeah, you heard me) and I was getting more and more confused. After ending up with one giant leg instead of two good ones, I rip everything out and sew it MY way, which works much better and I'm done in ten minutes. Then came the elastic, because not only did my dad want some around the waist, but around the ankles as well. So I did that.


I finished it today when I got back from school and I must say, this is the best pair of pajama pants that I have accomplished thus far. Which would explain why you've never seen any others here. Because one isn't properly hemmed and the other is strange.

So there you go! My sewing adventures. Feel free to laugh at me.


Interrupting kitty, what are you doing? Silly kitty.




No comments:

Post a Comment